•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Latest processing of Cocoon Nebula (not wide field)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Stricnine

Stricnine

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: DFW Area, TX

Posted 13 October 2019 - 08:05 PM

I've been going back and reprocessing some of my more recent images from the CR2 files (with dark frames) instead of working from TIFF exports.  This is the latest attempt on the Cocoon Nebula taken with an EdgeHD 9.25" at f/7 and a Canon 6D2.  This is from 62 x 360 sec subs at ISO 1600, ~5.1 hours of integration under Bortle 5 skies.  The image may, or may not, be on the dark end of the spectrum, I have difficulty with my monitor appearing to show brighter images than I see when viewing the same images on other monitors, and it's difficult to know where the right brightness level should be.

Cocoon Combined integration 006

get.jpg?insecure

Cocoon Nebula on Astrobin

David

Edited by Stricnine, 14 October 2019 - 06:59 AM.

• Starman27, jambroseus, elmiko and 3 others like this

#2 Jim Waters

Jim Waters

Gemini

• Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA

Posted 13 October 2019 - 08:13 PM

Real nice image David.  Great guiding, details, colors and processing.  Very nice...!  Thx for posting.

#3 Stricnine

Stricnine

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: DFW Area, TX

Posted 14 October 2019 - 07:05 AM

Real nice image David.  Great guiding, details, colors and processing.  Very nice...!  Thx for posting.

Thanks Jim.  I've processed and reprocessed this target into something around 23 variants now and used 185 GB along the way.  "They" say the first step is admitting you have a problem, right?  LOL.

#4 Trevor N

Trevor N

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: England

Posted 14 October 2019 - 03:09 PM

Looks a cracking image to me. Lovely colours.

#5 17.5Dob

17.5Dob

Fly Me to the Moon

• ****-
  • Loc: Colorado,USA

Posted 14 October 2019 - 07:54 PM

Thanks Jim.  I've processed and reprocessed this target into something around 23 variants now and used 185 GB along the way.  "They" say the first step is admitting you have a problem, right?  LOL.

23 is a tad many....I normally only go through 6-12, maybe 16-18 tops....I have it under control waytogo.gif

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics