•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Questar Observing Reports (Post yours here)

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#76 TerryWood

TerryWood

Gemini

• Loc: USA

Posted 18 July 2020 - 08:05 PM

One more picture...why not.

Sorry about the resolution. For the life of me I can't get "potrait" pictures to post at their proper resolution, even if they are under the 500kb limit.

V/R

Terry

Attached Thumbnails

• image1.JPG

• cbwerner, ianatcn, Terra Nova and 2 others like this

#77 cbwerner

cbwerner

Bicycle Repairman

• Administrators
  • Loc: Maidens, VA

Posted 18 July 2020 - 08:50 PM

Wow. What a view! :applause:

• TerryWood and JamesMStephens like this

#78 TerryWood

TerryWood

Gemini

• Loc: USA

Posted 19 July 2020 - 06:04 AM

Thanks Chris and James! I feel very fortunate. Like I've mentioned in the past, it's a small house with big views and that's alright with me!

V/R

Terry 

• Terra Nova and rcwolpert like this

#79 rcwolpert

rcwolpert

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: South Hutchinson Island, Florida

Posted 20 July 2020 - 12:48 PM

Thanks Chris and James! I feel very fortunate. Like I've mentioned in the past, it's a small house with big views and that's alright with me!

V/R

Terry 

And a nice observing deck!! 

• Terra Nova likes this

#80 Terra Nova

Terra Nova

ISS

• Loc: Under the Blue Moon of Kentucky

Posted 21 July 2020 - 01:47 PM

Wow! What gorgeous surroundings! You definitely have a BIG view!

#81 Joe Bergeron

Joe Bergeron

Vendor - Space Art

• -----
  • Vendors
  • Loc: Upstate NY

Posted 01 August 2020 - 06:33 PM

My venerable little Q has seen a lot of use in the last few months. Last night I carried it out to a spot beside my apartment building and set it up to look at Luna, Jupiter, and Saturn. I saw Aristarchus and the other features of its plateau just coming off the lunar terminator. The planets looked a bit soft at first, but as the scope cooled they sharpened up considerably. Seeing was excellent. Jupiter showed significant detail in the NEB including a white bay intruding from the south, with a darker feature following. Seeing this took some effort due to the lower contrast compared to a similar-sized refractor. There were a couple of 9th magnitude stars in the field which looked surprisingly faint. The 45 year old coatings, broadband or not, do not make for outstanding light grasp in this design. Saturn showed a neat little image with Titan nearby and a hint of a cloud belt. The Cassini division was fairly distinct. 

This was all at 180x, 12mm Brandon with internal Barlow. 

In the middle of a town of about 20,000 people, if I looked straight up I could see 4th magnitude stars and a hint of the Cygnus Milky Way. It was a pleasant little diversion, quick to set up and take down. 

• Erik Bakker, Terra Nova, rcwolpert and 4 others like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics