•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Is NV Phonetography REALLY astrophotography?

astrophotography NV
  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#26 Astrojedi

Astrojedi

Skylab

• Loc: SoCal

Posted 15 November 2019 - 11:01 PM

So, one might propose to reorganize EAA and CCD imaging by setting a delay limit - if what you see is within 1 second or maybe 5 seconds of real-time, then it is EAA, and anything longer is CCD imaging, regardless of how the photons got there.

To me, this is a more logical way to organize images.  That's what my moment of clarity just now has made me realize.

This seems like an overly restrictive definition of EAA which is obviously biased towards NV (I use NV as well along with imaging cameras for EAA). Nowhere does it say that EAA needs to be real time. Also in a universe where change is hard to perceive even over a human lifetime, the real time concept is a bit absurd. Does 5s vs 2 minutes matter?

Is this not EAA? https://raniobservat...log/eaa-videos/

I guess I am not doing EAA doah.gif

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography, NV

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics