•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Just missed out

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Binojunky

Binojunky

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter

Posted 15 October 2019 - 10:52 AM

Taking a look around an antiques fair the other day I came across a Fisher microscope, two eyepieces for binocular viewing, condenser,looked to have all the bells and whistles with a full adjustable stage and slide positions, looked to be from the 60,s-70,s? and a medical grade instrument, adjustments were stiff but worked , the plug in light wasn,t working , I found a fuse holder and the fuse was missing, anyway this instrument was clearly high quality and other than a good clean undamaged, went home to think about it then came to the conclusion that for $100 Canadian it would make a good winter project, went back next day and it was gone, pretty miffed, Dave.

Edited by Binojunky, 15 October 2019 - 10:52 AM.

• Astroman007 and j.gardavsky like this

#2 Astroman007

Astroman007

Cosmos

• Loc: Northern Ontario, Canada

Posted 15 October 2019 - 10:59 AM

frown.gif

#3 hallelujah

hallelujah

Cosmos

• Loc: North Star over Colorado

Posted 15 October 2019 - 12:02 PM

went home to think about it then came to the conclusion that for $100 Canadian it would make a good winter project, went back next day and it was gone, pretty miffed, Dave.

I have had similar experiences where I wanted a little extra time to think it over.

99% of the time I went back & someone else got the bargain, not me.

Live & learn. (something about he who hesitates........) bawling.gif

Stan

• Binojunky and Astroman007 like this

#4 Hugh Peck

Hugh Peck

Apollo

• Loc: NE WI

Posted 15 October 2019 - 05:06 PM

Ya snooze ya lose. Sometimes I end up wasting money but most of the time it's been to the good. 

• Astroman007 likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics