•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Does your Atlas make a "whir" high-pitched noise before tracking?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 aatdalton

aatdalton

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 17 October 2019 - 12:41 AM

I'm trying to do a lot of troubleshooting on my Atlas EQ-G as I'm struggling to get it connected and talking to EQMOD. 

One interesting thing I've noticed is different noise profiles. Here's 3 scenarios. Do they sound normal to any of you?

1) HC is connected, power switch turned on, high pitched kind of whine noise as soon as HC says "initializing"

2) after alignment begins or skipped and manually select sidereal, high pitched whir noise that kind of oscillates. 

3) Direct USB to HEQ6 cable from laptop to mount, turn power on, no noise at all. 

Anything stand out as odd? Normal?

• PirateMike likes this

#2 PirateMike

PirateMike

Mercury-Atlas

• -----
  • Loc: A Green Dot On A Blue Sea

Posted 17 October 2019 - 03:38 AM

Try this thread and read the whole thing, it might help.

https://www.cloudyni...d-issue-solved/

Miguel   8-)

#3 Maccers

Maccers

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Whimple,Devon,UK

Posted 18 October 2019 - 07:27 AM

I'm trying to do a lot of troubleshooting on my Atlas EQ-G as I'm struggling to get it connected and talking to EQMOD. 

One interesting thing I've noticed is different noise profiles. Here's 3 scenarios. Do they sound normal to any of you?

1) HC is connected, power switch turned on, high pitched kind of whine noise as soon as HC says "initializing"

2) after alignment begins or skipped and manually select sidereal, high pitched whir noise that kind of oscillates. 

3) Direct USB to HEQ6 cable from laptop to mount, turn power on, no noise at all. 

Anything stand out as odd? Normal?

Yes to all of the above, sounds exactly like my EQ6. Pretty sure that's normal ..

#4 aatdalton

aatdalton

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 18 October 2019 - 12:40 PM

Yes to all of the above, sounds exactly like my EQ6. Pretty sure that's normal ..

Awesome, that's encouraging to hear. Thanks for the input!

#5 aatdalton

aatdalton

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 18 October 2019 - 12:42 PM

Try this thread and read the whole thing, it might help.

https://www.cloudyni...d-issue-solved/

Miguel   8-)

Thanks for the tip. I've read through that (and many other similar) thread but so far no solution. :( Hoping a Shoestring cable coming in the mail next week will solve my problem at this point. 

• elmiko likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics