•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Samyang 135 vs Canon 135

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _SAW_

_SAW_

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 17 October 2019 - 03:11 AM

Hi,

Can't decide which to get for my modded 600D, already have the Canon 70-200 f/4 and 300mm f/4 so leaning towards the canon but the Samyang gets good reviews.

#2 Dwight J

Dwight J

Gemini

• Loc: Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada

Posted 17 October 2019 - 11:12 AM

https://youtu.be/FDYPSHbSuA4 has a review of the Rokinon 135 F2 which is the same lens as the Samyang.  

#3 Kevin_A

Kevin_A

Vostok 1

• Loc: Belmont, Ontario

Posted 17 October 2019 - 05:04 PM

I love my Rokinon 135 F2.... as I got a good one first time. It is one of the sharpest lenses out there even at F2.0

I usually keep it wide open or at F2.8 max.

Make sure if you order one, that you can return it, as some copies are not good and its usually due to a de-centered lens element.

I bought mine from Amazon as you have 30 days to test and can keep returning them until you get a good copy.

It is a pain but worth it due to the low price of this lens.

Awesomely sharp lens!

#4 calypsob

calypsob

Aurora

Posted 18 October 2019 - 05:57 PM

People get problematic samyang 135mm’s? Just make sure the lens has support. Its bad for your bayonet to let this much weight hang on it. Its a well supported astro lens because you can use it at f2 and get round stars. F2 collects a ton of light. The Canon 135mm gets bad CA wide open so its not as useful for astro.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics