•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

New to me AO Spencer microscope

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mdbradshaw

mdbradshaw

Vendor - Axis Squared LLC

• Vendors
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Houston, TX

Posted 17 October 2019 - 09:53 AM

Hey all, new to this section of Cloudy Nights...

This past weekend I was traveling in Chicago, and happened to come across this microscope, which I obviously bought, because it was priced at a fraction of what I think it's worth.  I don't know microscopes at all, but a bit of research tells me it's a circa 1961 AO Spencer Model #41 metallurgical microscope, with most or all of the accessories.  It's clean and everything moves, but poorly.  I'll treat it like I treat the telescopes I repair, and it should be good as new afterwards.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20191016_214647826.jpg
  • IMG_20191016_214453426.jpg

• Starman27, retroman2, Barlowbill and 2 others like this

#2 petert913

petert913

Gemini

• Loc: Portland, OR

Posted 17 October 2019 - 12:06 PM

That's a classic !  I remember visiting the AO facility in Keene, NH back in the early 80's when I was selling optical glass (Hoya).  I was very impressed

by the quality of the workmanship, engineering and product.   You have a fun project there !

• retroman2 likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics