•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Power and Device Control

astrophotography dslr equipment imaging refractor mount
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 marinaldi

marinaldi

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: San Francisco, CA

Posted 17 October 2019 - 02:01 PM

Hi,   I'm considering buying a Pegasus power Controller and a Stellarmate to wirelessly control mount and various other imaging devices.  Is anyone using the combination?  This combination seems like the best way to minimize cable clutter and provide consistent power to all the various equipment.  

The reason for this duo is that they're both INDI compatible and I like working on a MAC.   I realize that the Primaluce EAGLE is the obvious choice (does both power and device comm management) if you work with Windows.  Primaluce is also pricey.  Any comments on the two or other recommendations?

Thanks, Mike

#2 Delta608

Delta608

Messenger

• Loc: Tampa Bay Florida

Posted 18 October 2019 - 07:55 AM

I have the Eagle 3s and it is a bit pricey..For me cable management seemed to get a bit worse with the Eagle sitting atop of the rings, than using a previous method of power-poles and a USB Hub...Also a consideration (for me anyways) it is VERY proprietary, from rings (that line up properly) to spacers, and mounting plate(s)...Nor can I get the screen resolution to stay where I set it...(1200x900) or something like  that from memory..It reverts to its native when I hook up remotely and I can hardly read the font on SGP because of it...It functions flawlessly with an occasional wifi drop, that reconnects immediately...I am returning it tomorrow, even with the 15% re-stock fee...and of course shipping...

** I use an IMAC Pro to remote into the Eagle using Microsoft Remote something...There is a MAC version, works great to the Eagles Win-10 Enterprise...(The screen resolution issue is present for both my IMAC and a Windows 10 Laptop...BTW, cannot change the resolution remotely, must be directly hooked up to the Eagle to change it..may not be an issue for you...

Edited by Delta608, 18 October 2019 - 08:01 AM.

• marinaldi likes this

#3 Akwilliams

Akwilliams

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 18 October 2019 - 02:37 PM

Pegasus Ultimate Power Box and a mini pc.   Then remote to mini pc from any device you like 

• marinaldi likes this

#4 marinaldi

marinaldi

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: San Francisco, CA

Posted 19 October 2019 - 04:29 PM

Thanks folks!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography, dslr, equipment, imaging, refractor, mount

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics