•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

CCDAutoPilot Program for WxEvent Restart

astrophotography observatory planetarium software
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rodror

rodror

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 October 2019 - 12:00 PM

Hello,

Is anyone using or wanting to use CCDAutoPilot and wishing that it would restart a session once the weather has cleared?

I have been working with John Smith to create a program that will monitor CCDAutoPilot's current status and the weather conditions and it is ready for public release.

The application is called CCDAutoPilot Restart, or CCDAP-RS.  A simple name for a simple to use application.  It is a great compliment to CCDAP and allows CCDAP users to do the one thing we all wished it could, restart after a brief rain shower!

You can find out more information on the CCDWare CCDAutoPilot support forum.  There is a pinned message regarding the release and the link to download the software.

Current requirements are:

• You have to be using CCDAutoPilot v 5.11.0, as the code was changed to support CCDAP-RS
  • You need a weather station that supports a "single line data file" or AKA "Boltwood Compatible" weather file.
  • Roof support is currently limited to the Weather File (2nd to the last element) output OR Interactiveastronomy's SkyRoof controller.  I will be releasing the next version with ASCOM Dome / Roof support and adding THESKYX dome add-on after.  If I have enough demand for other Dome / Roof controllers as long as the manufacture is will to work with me on code requirements.

Please feel free to download it and give it a try.  I know I have been getting more exposures since I started working on this project.  Any question, I am following this topic, so feel free to ask here or on the CCDWare support forum.

Randy

Attached Thumbnails

• CCDAP-RS SS.jpg

• psandelle likes this

#2 rodror

rodror

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 21 October 2019 - 12:56 PM

UPDATED Information:

It was decided to remove the Roof \ Shutter Status from the code as well as using the Alert bit in a weather file.  Since CCDAutoPilot is managing these it was redundant for me to do so also.  This makes the app much lighter and easier to configure.

New Links for the OneDrive CCDAP - RS Folder that contains the Latest Version and a Video of the CCDAutoPilot Restart and CCDAutoPilot in action during a weather event.

Also attaching a new screen shot of the Main Window.

One Drive Link : https://1drv.ms/u/s!...gDh4td?e=u6fPiF

Google Groups: https://groups.googl...topilot-restart

Thanks for the interest in the program and clear dark skies.

Randy

Updated CCDAP-RS.jpg

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography, observatory, planetarium software

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics