•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Orion Thin OAG, Starshoot Autoguider, Canon

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Alex McConahay

Alex McConahay

Cosmos

• topic starter
  • Loc: Moreno Valley, CA

Posted 18 October 2019 - 05:53 PM

I just picked up an Orion THin OAG, and mated it to my Starshoot autoguider to use on my (various) Canon bodies. 

I find I cannot quite get enough distance on the autoguider side, I need half a turn of the fine tuning focus knob (estimated .08 inches). I have tried moving the camera focus all the way out on the stalk and still need that little bit. 

Any suggestions?

I have a 5 mm spacer on the way. Using that, and moving the camera down the stalk should do it. 

But is that what you have found? Or am I missing something?

WHile I have you...….what are the three setscrews in the face of the autoguider for. It looks like when they screw in they fix the autoguider to prevent it from turning, or perhaps help nail down its tilt or spacing.....It might just be to help set the rotation when the camera cannot be screwed all the way on (without having the sensor at a weird angle. 

Thanks for the help.

Alex

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics