•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

EDMOQ help and Cartes Du Ceil

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 joelin

joelin

Vanguard

• topic starter
  • Loc: Saratoga, CA

Posted 19 October 2019 - 01:10 AM

I have the Orion Sirius and EQMOD connection via the USB cable. 

First, I installed the ASCOM platform and Cartes Du Ceil.

I was able to get everything connected via the EQMOD ASCOM driver. I can use the EQMOD popup window to move the mount N, S, E, W.

However, on Cartes Du Ceil, I start the mount in the home position which is pointed towards Polaris because I see the app is also pointing towards Polaris. I unpark and then slew to a star in the east. However, the mount starts behaving in a weird way by going to the west or some other direction. 

I also can't sync to anystars in Cartes Du Ceil because it says ra dec sync rejected. 

Can I do a 1 star sync and then slew to somewhere in Cartes Du Ceil? Why is it going in the wrong direction when I do slews?

#2 chadrian84

chadrian84

Ranger 4

• Loc: Wisconsin

Posted 19 October 2019 - 05:50 AM

For CDC I think you want to plate solve first and then sync. I don’t remember well but any plate solve program should work (i.e. AstroTortilla, SGP, etc). I recall using AstroTortilla when using CDC.

#3 PirateMike

PirateMike

Mercury-Atlas

• -----
  • Loc: A Green Dot On A Blue Sea

Posted 19 October 2019 - 06:54 AM

If you start off in the home position everything should work together without issue. CdC does need to be configured to run the mount though.

Click the "Connect Telescope" button and fill out the information, then click connect. EQMod should automatically open up and CdC should be able to move the telescope around.

I wish I could help more but my computers are down being swapped out right now.

I use an EQDir cable but the newer mounts allow the use of a USB cable. See this thread, it may help. https://www.cloudyni...d-issue-solved/

I'll be around if you need more help.

Good Luck,

Miguel   8-)

Edited by PirateMike, 19 October 2019 - 06:56 AM.

#4 Pauls72

Pauls72

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: LaPorte, IN USA

Posted 19 October 2019 - 08:31 AM

Both EQMOD and CDC need to be configured for the same location and time zone.

Make sure CDC is also set for an EQ mount and not Alt/Az.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics