•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Trapezium Unleashed!

dslr dso astrophotography
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BQ Octantis

BQ Octantis

Surveyor 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Southwest Texas, USA

Posted 19 October 2019 - 02:03 AM

Even more weather over the Red Centre today…gusty winds and thunderstorms. So I reprocessed my M42 & Surrounds capture to bring out Trapezium. I was amazed at how much cloud detail is brought out by strong color contrast—the tentacles reaching from the OII cloud into the larger nebula look positively electric!

more_trapezium2.jpg

https://www.cloudyni...zium-unleashed/

Clear skies!

BQ

Edited by BQ Octantis, 19 October 2019 - 07:31 PM.

• Starman27, starcam, SambaChoro and 9 others like this

#2 dcornelis

dcornelis

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 19 October 2019 - 03:04 AM

BQ, I agree,  so many aspects to this object, nice color contrast picture makes it stand out really different than most shots. Thanks for sharing.

• retroman2 likes this

#3 BQ Octantis

BQ Octantis

Surveyor 1

• topic starter

Posted 19 October 2019 - 05:22 PM

Thanks to all for the likes!

BQ, I agree,  so many aspects to this object, nice color contrast picture makes it stand out really different than most shots. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the kind words, mate! I feel like I've spent most of my time trying to bring out details from the noise in the much wider area (given the field of the 200mm lens) so I've missed out on the wispy details of the bright areas within. Now I feel like I need a little more zoom to do it justice (this pic is full resolution, and the stars aren't getting any prettier at higher scaling!). At f/15 my Mak is just too slow to bring out this part of the nebula, so I might just have to shoot it with my f/6 C5.

BQ

#4 BQ Octantis

BQ Octantis

Surveyor 1

• topic starter

Posted 20 October 2019 - 02:00 AM

Positively electric!

more_trapezium3.jpg

(1.5× native resolution)

BQ

• dcornelis likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics