•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Orion EON 130mm

accessories beginner
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Specialk8900

Specialk8900

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 20 October 2019 - 12:06 PM

I am looking to move towards automated focusing I’m looking for ideals or suggestions on a focuser I prefer wired but not opposed to wireless option. I use ASCOM, SGP, Cartes du Ciel. I use a Nikon Astro mod D750 with a 3” field flattener. I would like to stay under 2,000 USD but would prefer a lower price point if available.

#2 petert913

petert913

Gemini

• Loc: Portland, OR

Posted 20 October 2019 - 01:01 PM

Can't you just attach an electronic focusing unit to  your existing focuser?  ZWO has them for under $200 with good reviews.

• Specialk8900 likes this

#3 RMannix57

RMannix57

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Gales Ferry, CT

Posted 20 October 2019 - 01:02 PM

I have one that I use with a Sesto Senso focus motor and SGP. The crayford focuser Orion includes didn't handle weight very well when near vertical and I went to a Feathertouch focuser. The Feathertouch won't work with the 3" flattener so I use a 2" Hotech. 

• Specialk8900 likes this

#4 Jeff Struve

Jeff Struve

Skylab

• Moderators
  • Loc: Iowa, USA

Posted 13 November 2019 - 01:31 PM

I have the Rigel Systems on 5 of my scopes... uses the OEM focuser... and you dont have to take it off to manually focus with the knobs

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: accessories, beginner

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics