•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Question on calibration frames for DSLR - DSS

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pinzmann

pinzmann

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Yucca valley, ca

Posted 22 October 2019 - 11:03 AM

So I  took 25 images with my D5300 the other night and wanted to add to that last night. Not thinking I used my D5500 as I was testing a new power supply. Ended up taking another 34 images. Now to  stack them in DSS my darks, flats, bias won't match one or the other. So how do I stack them all?

#2 kathyastro

kathyastro

Viking 1

• Loc: Nova Scotia

Posted 22 October 2019 - 11:47 AM

You need calibration frames (darks, flats, bias) that match the camera.  So make sure you have a full set for each camera.  Then stack the lights + calibration frames from the 5300, do a separate stack of the lights + calibration frames from the 5500. 

Finally stack the two stacks.  No further calibration frames are necessary for that step.  You are just registering and integrating the two images.

• SilverLitz likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics