•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Trouble Merging Images in GIMP

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Scruffy-the-janitor

Scruffy-the-janitor

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Tennesse

Posted 22 October 2019 - 11:35 AM

Hey all, I usually create mosaics of the sun in GIMP, I match up the photos, apply a white (full opacity) layer mask and when I select the paint brush or gradient tools I'm usually able to blend the two photos together; however, for some reason GIMP is not letting me do that anymore, they either do not blend or I only see the layer mask. Any tips on how to blend the two together?

48942065513_e51c5659be_k.jpgGIMP by Bradley Hutson, on Flickr

48942613846_2a9c8d14c9_k.jpgGIMP2 by Bradley Hutson, on Flickr

#2 Scruffy-the-janitor

Scruffy-the-janitor

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Tennesse

Posted 22 October 2019 - 12:19 PM

After messing with it all morning instead of adding "white (full opacity)" layer mask I changed it to "Layer's Alpha Channel" and that worked. IDK why this all the sudden changed on me this morning but it seems to be the fix for now. Considering my original process worked this morning, then all the sudden just...stopped. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics