This is my first attempt at imaging the North America Nebula, the "gulf" region to be specific.
- StellarVue SVQ100 APO.
- AstroDon Tru-Balance LRGB E-series filters.
- ZWO 183MM PRO camera operated at -20 C. Every frame was 60s exposure. Gain = 50, Offset = 0.
- iOptron iEQ45 Pro mount.
- Image acquisition: Voyager Astrophotography Automation s/w.
- Guided with PHD2.
Luminance filter: 120 frames.
Red filter: 60 frames.
Green filter: 60 frames.
Blue filter: 60 frames.
- 120 dark frames at -20 C. Every frame was 60s exposure. Gain = 50, Offset = 0.
- 12 flat field frames. Gain = 50, Offset = 0.
- 12 bias frames. Gain = 50, Offset = 0.
Images were processed in Maxim DL. Curve stretch was applied using Gimp. Would PixInsight have better
tools to draw out more color, or do i simply have to collect more RGB data due to my light polluted skies?
Comments desired. Hopefully it is half-decent.