•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Celestron’s raci finderscope

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fred1diver

fred1diver

Explorer 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Gatineau, Qc, Canada

Posted 23 October 2019 - 05:19 AM

Hey everyone quick question
Does the raci come with a mount or is it separate?

#2 bella luna

bella luna

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Covina ca

Posted 23 October 2019 - 07:27 AM

Comes with a  mount

#3 fred1diver

fred1diver

Explorer 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Gatineau, Qc, Canada

Posted 23 October 2019 - 07:34 AM

Thank you

#4 Im2bent

Im2bent

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 23 October 2019 - 03:08 PM

But before you buy consider a telrad. i bought a used ns11gps it had no finder so i bought the celestron raci. Now it seems like a good finder but 2 things. One the adjustment screws for alignment. 2 are regular thumbscrews you screw in and out. The third is a wierd springloaded plunger thing that the finder rests on and you use the first two screws to push the finder against this spring loaded plunger. What they were thinking I do not know but it flat out sucks. Now for number 2 and this pertains to all finder scopes. I personally can not tell what the heck I am looking at when looking though one of these things in reference to the sky so i immediately bought a telrad which is now mounted next to the brand new raci which is no longer used. And the telrad is what 1/3 the price?

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics