•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ZWO EAF and Skywatcher Evostar ED80

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Billx

Billx

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 23 October 2019 - 09:58 AM

Has anyone used a ZWO EAF on a Skywatcher Evostar ED80?  It is not listed in their compatibility list, and I am not sure if it could be attached easily.

I have mentioned it in their forum, but have not received a reply.

#2 OldManSky

OldManSky

Vanguard

• Loc: Valley Center, CA USA

Posted 23 October 2019 - 10:06 AM

Neither of the scopes I've mounted my EAF on (WO Z61 and WO GT-71) are listed on the EAF "compatibility list."

In both cases, the EAF bracket bolted right on with no modifications needed.

Their list only includes scopes they themselves have tested it on.  It's not complete by any means.

From a photo I found on here of the Evostar 80ED focuser:

post-254952-0-32954000-1452120832.jpg

...it looks like you could use either the "Level" holes (replacing the existing screws with longer ones so you can still adjust the level, and using washers above the EAF bracket), or perhaps two of the four unlabeled-in-the-photo mounting screws (again, replacing them with longer ones) to mount the EAF bracket.

#3 descott12

descott12

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Charlotte, NC

Posted 23 October 2019 - 10:25 AM

I bet it would. The bracket is pretty flexible so you should be able to get a bolt or two in the right place. It is a very nice quality device and it works really well.

#4 Billx

Billx

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 24 October 2019 - 08:54 AM

Thanks - this helps a lot in making my decision.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics