•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

How good is the Celestron CGX-L

Celestron EAA mount astrophotography
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Michaeljhogan

Michaeljhogan

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 23 October 2019 - 03:37 PM

I have finally had a belly full of my CEM-120 and decided to get rid of it sell it off polar aligning it perfect three star perfect

then it just jumps out of alignment maybe thats because the **** altitude adjustment broke off and had to be supergluded

back on so i have decide to go back to what works and what is the best and the most simple polar alignment software ever

All-Star Alignment with Baader crosshair eyepiece never again will i bought another Ioptron mount

Does it have switch Position like the Cge Pro it seems to me a lot of tech from the Cge Pro like the motors

and gears it just seems to be a much more advanced and lighter version of the Pro which i use to have.

Attached Thumbnails

• images.jpg
  • ipolar.jpg

Edited by Michaeljhogan, 24 October 2019 - 11:09 AM.

#2 mclewis1

mclewis1

Thread Killer

• Loc: New Brunswick, Canada

Posted 23 October 2019 - 04:10 PM

Yes it has physical home position switches but unlike the CGE Pro it also has physical stops (because of internal cable routing) so if you want to set it up in a side by side scope configurationation you'll also need a right angle saddle adapter (ADM supplies these).

The on mount USB connection is the other obvious hardware difference, the CPWI software can use this connection to control the mount. The CGX-L has more AUX ports as well. 

It's the same hand controller as the CGE Pro (but with a bunch of CGX specific changes, mostly fixes to broken code or CGX specific hardware like the built in USB connection). There aren't any substantial functional differences in the firmware. 

• Michaeljhogan likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Celestron, EAA, mount, astrophotography

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics