•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

M45 - Orion Nebula

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jrbuchanan

jrbuchanan

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 23 October 2019 - 03:52 PM

The Orion Nebula is finally starting to rise early enough for me to start capturing it.  Here is my first serious attempt at trying to capture it with my Celestron 6sct on AVX mount, with NightOwl .40 focal reducer and ZWO 224 camera.  This image was made by livestacking 27 minutes of data (54x30secs) in Sharpcap and then cleaning up in Photoshop. Looking forward to spending alot more time with this object and getting more detailed images as the fall and winter progress. 

Attached Thumbnails

• m45-10232019Asm.jpg

• pgs/sdg, Gipht and scadvice like this

#2 Bean614

Bean614

Viking 1

• Loc: Mass.

Posted 23 October 2019 - 04:04 PM

The Orion Nebula is M42.

#3 scadvice

scadvice

Apollo

• Vendors
  • Loc: Lodi, California

Posted 23 October 2019 - 04:10 PM

Colors are good and nice round stars.  See the little black dots in the middle of the stars? I'm thinking some where in PS you tweak'd just a little too hard. I use PixInsight so I can't tell you where to look in PS. Maybe someone here can.

Was this image cropped? I'm wondering if the focus was slightly off. Have you tried a Bahtinov mask for focusing?

https://www.youtube....h?v=k0FIluj9ndQ

http://www.deepskywa...tinov-mask.html

Excellent start!

• pgs/sdg likes this

#4 View2

View2

Vanguard

• Loc: Vancouver, WA USA

Posted 23 October 2019 - 07:09 PM

Nice round stars there and a nice shot of m42.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics