•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Just ask something...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kim

Kim

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 April 2004 - 12:16 AM

Hello;

I'm using a binoculars of 10x50(from Olympus),

But almost nobody use that binoculars.

My worry started growing about it,

like Is it something cheap or bad binoculars.

I want to hear for who use it?

sorry Strange question!

#2 KennyJ

KennyJ

The British Flash

Posted 18 April 2004 - 03:58 AM

Kim,

There is NOTHING particularly "wrong" with OLYMPUS binoculars.

It may be strange that a " name /label" so synonymous with excellent value for money cameras is so rarely mentioned in binocular circles ,but such was the case with Canon until their popular seris of Image Stabilised binoculars hit the market.

Even before then , there were binoculars around bearing the Canon legend , but very few people seemed to mention them.

I have only ever looked through one Olympus binocular in a store and found it to be no better or no worse than the majority of instruments in that price range from an optical standpoint , but in fact a more attractive looking item than most.

Regards , Kenny.

#3 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 18 April 2004 - 07:00 AM

The point is you are using them. Someday you may look through a different pair and be blown away until then enjoy the view.

#4 lighttrap

lighttrap

Soyuz

Posted 18 April 2004 - 07:32 AM

Yup. Use and enjoy what you've got. Don't worry about what others use, unless you discover something about what you've already got that makes you unhappy.

Mike Swaim

#5 nemo

nemo

Ranger 4

Posted 18 April 2004 - 12:04 PM

Kim,
Like Mike said use them and enjoy them. I would caution you not to go out looking through high end binoculars as that can be a dangerous activity financially. They say"Ignorance is bliss" and that can be certainly true. I had an old pair of WW 11 binoculars that I inherited from my dad and was very happy with them until one day on impulse I looked through a pair of Swarovski binoculars. As I have indirectly indicated for some of us the difference can make all the difference. Even if when all things are considered the difference is a small one. If you are one of these kind of people do your self a favor unless you have allot of discretionary income and do not go binocular shopping or comparing. What you have would seem to be serving your purpose and you are enjoying it There are many who have some very nice optical toys that just sit in a closet-its using them that matters.
R/S,
Dan

#6 Kim

Kim

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 April 2004 - 06:07 PM

Thank you!

#7 Dennis

Dennis

Apollo

• -----

Posted 18 April 2004 - 06:26 PM

HI Kim:

The 10x50 is a good size. The 6.5 degree field of view is nice and wide. If you can use a tripod, you will enjoy it more.

Olympus has a wide selection of binoculars but more in Europe where you are, than the United States.

Let us know what astronomy objects you are able to see with them.

Enjoy!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics