•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Meade 826 w/ 853 EQ Mount Instruction Manual?

accessories beginner classic equipment Meade mount reflector
  • Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#26 Bomber Bob

Bomber Bob

Hubble

• Loc: The Swamp, USA

Posted 01 November 2019 - 09:12 PM

My manual is for the 6" / 8" / 10" models; my mount came with those metal straps for an 8" OTA.  The 8" OTA & hinged rings in the photo are from a Model 826.  Excellent mirrors in this old Newt.

#27 CHASLX200

CHASLX200

Hubble

• Loc: Tampa area Florida

Posted 02 November 2019 - 07:38 AM

Wow!  Lots of Meade Newtonian interest today...

I have an original Meade StarFinder Instruction Manual that I'll scan to PDF if there's any interest.  I like the illustrated section on Newt collimation -- simple enough for even a redneck to figure it out.

Robert (clamchip):  A previous owner stuck 4 photocopied pages from what I think may be an Edmund book (the focuser looks like an Edscorp).  It has a guide to collimating a Newtonian, and lots of info for beginners on calculating focal ratio, magnification, etc.  I'll probably scan these, too, before I misplace them...

[I created a thread for this so it'll show up in the search engines.]

This is the SF mount:

attachicon.gif Meade 826 S04 (StarFinder Pedestal).jpg

Glad you like my mirror in that scope. The SF mount was much better than the 826 mount that i had.  I could not even use the 826 mount and gave it away.

#28 Bomber Bob

Bomber Bob

Hubble

Posted 02 November 2019 - 09:20 AM

The mirrors are great.  But, I don't like the spider, and will replace it with a standard 4-vane (like the RV-6) if I keep it.

#29 madeline

madeline

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Bloomington, MN

Posted 02 November 2019 - 10:12 AM

you should be able to just send it as an attached file. when you click on the "attach" button you should be able to just search for the file and add it just like you would a picture!

One is on the way.    Anybody else need a copy?

#30 apfever

apfever

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Colorado

Posted 02 November 2019 - 01:36 PM

you should be able to just send it as an attached file. when you click on the "attach" button you should be able to just search for the file and add it just like you would a picture!

I only had one email address for Joseph (balotin) so I sent it as a pdf, 3MB, seemed to go.  I tried a pm here and it's too big.  I can copy paste an email, don't know about reception on the other end.

#31 Bomber Bob

Bomber Bob

Hubble

Posted 02 November 2019 - 01:50 PM

First scan and the PDF is almost 15MB -- and lots of email systems limit attachment file size to 10MB.  I can do some cleanup in Acrobat, but I doubt that'll take a whole lot of fluff off it.

#32 Ishtim

Ishtim

Surveyor 1

• Loc: N. Alabama, USA

Posted 02 November 2019 - 08:21 PM

6, 8 10" EQ, DC motor Starfinder Manual:   https://www.manualsl...-Telescope.html

6, 8 , 10 & 12.5" DOB Starfinder Manual: https://www.manualsl...inder-12-5.html

The 16 lives on its own...

Edited by Ishtim, 02 November 2019 - 08:30 PM.

• bbqediguana likes this

#33 Bullgator

Bullgator

Lift Off

Posted 04 November 2019 - 10:26 PM

Ishtim,

I have one with the DC motor which has never functioned consistently. I'm thinking of replacing the DC motor with an AC one. Any chance you know, or could maybe check, what rpm the motor is?

John

The AC motor on the 826 is 1/10 RPM.  Not sure about the SF.

Edited by Bullgator, 04 November 2019 - 10:29 PM.

#34 JHub

JHub

Vostok 1

Posted 04 November 2019 - 11:10 PM

Bullgator,

Thank you. I appreciate you checking on that for me. I have an old 1/10 rpm motor. I believe it was originally in a RV6 mount. I'll give it a try.

John

#35 apfever

apfever

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Colorado

Posted 05 November 2019 - 06:56 PM

First scan and the PDF is almost 15MB -- and lots of email systems limit attachment file size to 10MB.  I can do some cleanup in Acrobat, but I doubt that'll take a whole lot of fluff off it.

Bob, I can email my pdf which is 3mb not 15, mine is 16 pages and good resolution. I'd email this out, have once with no feedback, don't know how well it worked.  I can no longer keep track of my entries in the forum. I am going to have to cut back here. Check in on strings like the Uni 152, the C8 #1 ordeal,  Her Dad's Scope (really nice lady), etc. but limit feedback till I get some caught up and help with other lagging things besides this forum. You need to contact me in pm if you want an email of my pdf.  I get an email notification in addition to a red flag notice here.  I've been having a little trouble even with that too due some desired and kind words on the C8.  Some pm's  have been pushed back to a 'difficulty' level.  I can do all the pdf manual in one sitting if I get a pm with where to send. I need to know if it works. 

#36 Ishtim

Ishtim

Surveyor 1

• Loc: N. Alabama, USA

Posted 08 November 2019 - 08:23 AM

Ishtim,

I have one with the DC motor which has never functioned consistently. I'm thinking of replacing the DC motor with an AC one. Any chance you know, or could maybe check, what rpm the motor is?

John

FWIW, I see that there are some Meade motors/gears up on the CN classifieds...

https://www.cloudyni...shaft-eq-mount/

https://www.cloudyni...shaft-eq-mount/

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: accessories, beginner, classic, equipment, Meade, mount, reflector

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics