•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Meade ETX125

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bbradford

bbradford

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 02 November 2019 - 02:06 AM

Hi,

I'm new to this and having a problem with scope.  Getting motor fault when 1st turning on . I purchased used and motors seemed to work fine and 2nd time out motor fault.  Never got around to align on 1st try.  Any ideas?  Don't know much about scope but willing to try, since without the goto features I'm lost. Thanks

#2 OzAndrewJ

OzAndrewJ

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 02 November 2019 - 03:22 AM

Gday bbradford

"Motor fault" when turning on actually means the handbox cannot talk to the RA motor card

Normally this is a connection problem in one of the RJ45 plugs or a faulty join in the wires

Try swapping the Hbx cable end for end and rebooting

( This changes what wires handle what signals  )

Andrew Johansen Melbourne Australia

• EdIII likes this

#3 bbradford

bbradford

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 02 November 2019 - 01:53 PM

Thanks , I have replaced the coiled cord with no success.  Anymore ideas. Thanks to all.

#4 OzAndrewJ

OzAndrewJ

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 02 November 2019 - 02:49 PM

Gday Bryan

If that didnt work, then you need to find another working mount ( any sort of meade that uses a 497/Audiostar )

Try your handbox on it then their handbox on yours.

or, open up your mount to see and reseat the connectors a few times, just in case there is a broken wire or corroded connection.

Andrew Johansen Melbourne Australia

• NickInSac likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics