•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Meade LX-50 autofocus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ham Radio

Ham Radio

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Deerwood, Mn

Posted 02 November 2019 - 07:14 AM

Good morning everyone, I have a LX-50 OTA with a base that I upgraded with George Dudash upgrade, which is based on the ETX125 if I remember right. I am in the planning stages to setting things up for remote operation. What I need is suggestions on what remote focusing system to put on the scope. I have one of Meade's zero shift focuser with a after market box to control it.  It would be ideal if there was someway to get it to work. (one less thing to buy!)

I will be using Stellarmate to run everything at the scope and working things from the house about 150 FT away.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Rod

Edited by Ham Radio, 02 November 2019 - 08:45 PM.

#2 jgraham

jgraham

ISS

• Loc: Miami Valley Astronomical Society

Posted 02 November 2019 - 10:08 PM

I use a USB controller from ShoeString to operate my Meade electronic focuser remotely. It works fine, but I'm not sure how it would work as an auto focuser.

#3 Ham Radio

Ham Radio

Viking 1

• topic starter

Posted 03 November 2019 - 11:58 AM

I use a USB controller from ShoeString to operate my Meade electronic focuser remotely. It works fine, but I'm not sure how it would work as an auto focuser.

Hi John, yep I was looking at what I wrote again and realized I screwed up that part! I just need to be able to remote focus!

Thanks,

Rod

#4 Ham Radio

Ham Radio

Viking 1

• topic starter

Posted 03 November 2019 - 12:04 PM

I forgot to ask, what device is it from them that you use?

Rod

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics