•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Minox porros

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 alfredotod

alfredotod

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 June 2006 - 10:13 AM

Hello,
does anybody have experience of the new Minox porros, 8x44 and 10x44? I was not able to find any review.
Thanks,
Alfredo

#2 btschumy

btschumy

Vendor - Simulation Curriculum

• Vendors

Posted 25 June 2006 - 08:12 PM

Alfredo,

The Minox binoculars come up in discussions occasionally on this forum, but I don't recall any actual reviews. Just wanted to let you know that we are not ignoring you totally.

#3 Rich V.

Rich V.

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 25 June 2006 - 11:43 PM

Alfredo,

I, too, would like to read a review of these!

As someone who is a porro binocular enthusiast, I think it's great that a major optical company found it worthwhile to produce an apparently truly modern porro binocular.

These BPs appear to have all the "bells and whistles"; waterproof, internal center focusing, twist up eyecups with click stops and relatively light weight.

For me, the only disappointment is the relatively narrow 51° apparent FOV that these have. For a "modern" design they are lacking in this regard and IMO, that is a fatal design compromise. A minimum of 60° AFOV would have been much more useful, particularly for daytime use.

I'd like to see what the guys at Nikon would come up with along these same lines! (I wish they cared!) :(

Best regards,

Rich V

#4 mooreorless

mooreorless

Just worried

Posted 26 June 2006 - 04:17 AM

Alfredo,On Birdforum there are some that bought these and comment on the Minox porros.It would be some information.
Regards,Steve

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics