•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

POTH or PC Dome?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Bill Stiver

Bill Stiver

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 05 November 2019 - 09:57 AM

I have an old Boyd observatory which I have completely restored and improved.  It is automated.  Last winter, wasps decided to “winter “ in the observatory by the thousands.  Personal illness and such, would not let me restore things until recently.  In the past, I used the original PC Dome software from Brent Boshart.   I also used the POTH software.  My computer had to be replaced and it is now a 64bit Windows 10 machine with 3 serial ports.   I still have the PC Dome software and I can get it to connect with the scope (CPC 1100) but not with the dome controller.   I have changed the port numbers, but with out any positive results.   Does anyone know if the controller will work with 64bit?  Is there another Microsoft network app needed?  I have reinstalled the ASCOM diagnostics and everything appears correct, but how do I open POTH?   Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,
Bill Stiver

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics