•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

645rd reducer spacing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 motab

motab

Vostok 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Copenhagen, Denmark

Posted 07 November 2019 - 02:36 PM

Hi,

Question for the Tak experts out there: what's the metal back distance for the 645 super reducer. I know it screws to the back so precise spacing isn't essential but just wondering where I roughly need to be. I'm using a NiteCrawler so using the system chart isn't of much use and need to know the MBD.

Thanks in advance,

Mo

#2 edif300

edif300

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Basque Country

Posted 08 November 2019 - 02:56 AM

By tak focuser and Tak adapters only needs the Wide T, being the MBD 56.2mm measured from the adapters just before WideT.

645RD is screwed into the back lens barrel G4, in this situation the MBD is 73.5mm measured from the rearmost metal plane of the 645RD.

The 645RD goes placed inside the focuser.

Edited by edif300, 08 November 2019 - 11:51 AM.

• motab likes this

#3 motab

motab

Vostok 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Copenhagen, Denmark

Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:53 AM

By tak focuser and Tak adapters only needs the Wide T, being the MBD 56.2mm measured from the adapters just before WideT.

645RD is screwed into the back lens barrel G4, in these situation the MBD is 73.5mm measured from the rearmost metal plane of the 645RD.

The 645RD goes placed inside the focuser.

Thanks Iñaki. That sounds like a good distance to work with.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics