•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Donated Meade AR-6

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 John Kocijanski

John Kocijanski

Surveyor 1

• topic starter

Posted 08 November 2019 - 08:54 PM

A Meade LXD55 mount and AR-6 refractor was recently donated to our club.  I decided to try the AR-6 on my Unistar Basic mount.  The Unistar holds the scope nicely with smooth motions due to the weight and length of the tube.  I and using the stock tube clamp and mounting bar.  I flipped the bar upside down and it fits in a vixen saddle well enough to be usable.  I have a bolt on Vixen saddle for the Unistar Basic.   It gives nice views especially at a wide angle with my 40mm Paragon ep.  I was thinking of replacing the stock tube clamp with inexpensive rings but I have yet to find anywhere that has them.  If I replace the stock tube clamp then I can get a sturdier dovetail.  Anyone know of a source for inexpensive rings for this beast?

#2 makeitso

makeitso

Ranger 4

• Loc: SoCal

Posted 09 November 2019 - 11:52 AM

I’m not sure what size of rings you need. Measure the OD of the tube then, look through the option in the link below and see if there are any that fit that size of tube. There are expensive ones and less expensive ones.

https://www.highpoin...-mounting-rings

Jack

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics