•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

BYN acting slow as a snail

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rocketrat1

Rocketrat1

Explorer 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: California

Posted 09 November 2019 - 02:13 AM

Previously I have used backyard Nikon with no problems, the time between one frame and another was only a matter of seconds. However, lately it has been taking extremely long to start the next image, about two minutes. I am using a Nikon d5300 with 120s subs at 800 iso. I tried replacing the memory card in the camera, with no luck. Anyone else experience this? And if so how did you solve it?

#2 Stelios

Stelios

Cosmos

• Moderators
  • Loc: West Hills, CA

Posted 09 November 2019 - 02:35 AM

Moving to DSLR forum for a better fit. 

#3 guyroch

guyroch

Vendor (BackyardEOS)

• Vendors
  • Loc: Under the clouds!

Posted 09 November 2019 - 08:57 AM

Previously I have used backyard Nikon with no problems, the time between one frame and another was only a matter of seconds. However, lately it has been taking extremely long to start the next image, about two minutes. I am using a Nikon d5300 with 120s subs at 800 iso. I tried replacing the memory card in the camera, with no luck. Anyone else experience this? And if so how did you solve it?

You have your in-camera setting for long exposure noise reduction turned on.  Turn it off.  Basically, with this turned on, your camera takes an equal length dark exposure after each picture and subtract this from your light frame in-camera.  It's a waste of time, your are better off taking dark frames afterwards (and build a dark library) rather than using the in-camera feature that does it for every single frame.

Regards,

Edited by guyroch, 09 November 2019 - 09:05 AM.

• RedLionNJ and OldManSky like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics