•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

One night, 6-panel mosaic - LBN679, sh2-202, Heart, Soul, Double cluster

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 2ghouls

2ghouls

Viking 1

• topic starter

Posted 09 November 2019 - 03:15 PM

Not sure why I keep doing mosaics. They are fun to start, but a pain to complete. lol.gif  Last night was the best night I had so far in 2019. Started at 7pm and went to dawn. Here's what I came up with.

I thought it was an interesting field. I can't find many images that connect Sh2-202 with the hook-shaped LBN679 on the left side. My plan is to combine Ha with this setup (ASI1600mm-c and Canon 200mm L 2.8) and OSC data with my Nikon D800. We will see if it happens. Clear, moonless nights for the OSC are quite the rarity.

Comments welcome. I'd be interested to know if anyone else has done this field in Ha.

cass-mosaic.jpg

• psandelle, mewmartigan, elmiko and 11 others like this

#2 tkottary

tkottary

Ranger 4

• Loc: San Jose,CA

Posted 09 November 2019 - 03:58 PM

Nice one Nico. Does the cannon maintain focus through out night or do you have focuser in there?

#3 2ghouls

2ghouls

Viking 1

• topic starter

Posted 09 November 2019 - 04:37 PM

Nice one Nico. Does the cannon maintain focus through out night or do you have focuser in there?

Thanks! I do have an astromechanics controller in there, but last night the Canon mostly held focus because the temp was very steady at 25F from 8pm to 4:30am. Since I saw that the temp was going to be steady, I turned off SGP's focus routine to save time. I then fell asleep, so when I got up I had to throw out about the last 10 subs because the focus started drifting around 4:30am (1 hour before sunrise) when the temp started changing. Still a productive night, and SGP handled all the platesolving and flip just fine without my supervision. 

• elmiko and tkottary like this

#4 elmiko

elmiko

Soyuz

• -----
  • Loc: Arizona

Posted 09 November 2019 - 07:04 PM

This is a great job Nico! I admire your work and dedication!

#5 lucam

lucam

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Upstate NY, USA

Posted 09 November 2019 - 09:09 PM

Nice one, Nico! I am waiting for FLI to send me an adapter and I am planning to try using the Canon 200mm with the bigger sensor of the ML16200. There are a number of fun wide field targets in the Winter sky. You definitely are able to get really high quality signal out of that lens, which gives me great hope.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics