•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Treatment for glaucoma

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 wargrafix

wargrafix

Skylab

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Trinidad

Posted 09 November 2019 - 03:34 PM

Hi all, is there an effective treatment for very early onset of glaucoma?

#2 rolo

rolo

Cosmos

• Loc: GA

Posted 09 November 2019 - 03:40 PM

From my experience with my Dad...Initially eye drops to alleviate pressure. As it progressed, some fine drainage hole with lazer and finally a small cut out to alleviate the pressure. 30 years later he's still doing fine. Not sure if there are more sophisticated procedures today. I check my eyes yearly and no sign of it yet for me.

• Augustus likes this

#3 markb

markb

Ranger 4

• Loc: Long Island; in transition to Arizona

Posted 09 November 2019 - 03:47 PM

Be aware there are several types of glaucoma, with different treatments and prognosis. You may want to look into (seriously, no pun intended) the specific type. Some are easily treated with drops and a small laser hole in the iris edge, some are not.

Also, IIRC glaucoma can accelerate the onset of cataracts. Not a huge deal with the new lens and laser prep techniques now available. Not a surgery to be afraid of, with a good ophthalmic surgeon and state of the art equipment.

Research, and ask questions. Loss of vision is terrifying for most of us. Dying nerves cannot regenerate, nor can a damaged retina.

#4 WarmWeatherGuy

WarmWeatherGuy

Skylab

• Loc: Las Cruces, NM 32° N, 107° W

Posted 09 November 2019 - 04:25 PM

If you DuckDuckGo glaucoma and diabetes you find that people with diabetes are twice as likely to get glaucoma as non-diabetics. Actually if you search for most any disease and diabetes you find that diabetics get it at a higher rate. Our bodies can only tolerate so much insulin. Our high carb eat 24 hours a day lifestyle causes chronic high levels of insulin in our blood. Just turn the recommended food pyramid upside-down and do all your eating within an 8 to 10 hour time window each day.

DuckDuckGo vitamin D and glaucoma. Vitamin D helps your body tolerate more insulin.

DuckDuckGo fish oil and glaucoma. Fish oil helps your body tolerate more insulin.

• tjbitt likes this

#5 areyoukiddingme

areyoukiddingme

Skylab

Posted 09 November 2019 - 06:53 PM

https://nutritionfac...nt-of-glaucoma/

https://nutritionfac...ns-vs-glaucoma/

• kansas skies likes this

#6 wargrafix

wargrafix

Skylab

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Trinidad

Posted 10 November 2019 - 12:35 AM

Thank you kindly.

#7 areyoukiddingme

areyoukiddingme

Skylab

Posted 10 November 2019 - 12:54 AM

Next stop for me would be:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed

This contains the major medical research on all subjects. I'd be looking closely at the latest work.

#8 csa/montana

csa/montana

Den Mama & Gold Star Award Winner

• Moderators
  • Loc: montana

Posted 10 November 2019 - 11:04 AM

Please, check with your eye care professional!  The internet is not the place for medical advice! 

• markb, airbleeder, StarWolf57 and 3 others like this

#9 Binojunky

Binojunky

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 10 November 2019 - 03:10 PM

Anyone over the age of 50 should get their eyes checked even if their are no indications of problems, with Glaucoma the damage is permanent and will not indicate you have it until your vision is affected and damaged, just saying, glaucoma,since 53 yrs of age Dave.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics