•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Thinking about picking up the NexImage 10.

astrophotography accessories beginner Celestron equipment imaging
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Warg0d

Warg0d

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 09 November 2019 - 05:50 PM

Hi guys, I im thinking of picking up the NexImage 10, i have a Nexstar 4se telescope and am planning on using the main eyepiece (the one parallel to the telescope) And im wondering, is there some sort of adaptor that is needed in order to fix it to it and keep it in place? and also, what do you think is the best Barlow is for a neximage 10?

Thanks.

(Nexstar4se image attached)

Attached Thumbnails

• chrome_3PKJdah3Uj.png

#2 wrnchhead

wrnchhead

Apollo

• Loc: NE Kansas

Posted 09 November 2019 - 06:09 PM

A cloudy nights member (who will hopefully chime in here) has a video series on planetary imaging and one on this exact topic! https://youtu.be/4CEJVSkayYw

Also I have the neximage 5 and I’ve taken some great planetary pictures with my C8.  I’m sure you will love it although it is pretty late in the year for the gas giants, you can use it on the moon which is good practice. 

The camera comes with an 1.25” nose piece which will fit into the eyepiece holder. 

Oh and welcome to Cloudy Nights! 

Edited by wrnchhead, 09 November 2019 - 06:10 PM.

• Warg0d likes this

#3 Warg0d

Warg0d

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 09 November 2019 - 06:12 PM

A cloudy nights member (who will hopefully chime in here) has a video series on planetary imaging and one on this exact topic! https://youtu.be/4CEJVSkayYw

Also I have the neximage 5 and I’ve taken some great planetary pictures with my C8.  I’m sure you will love it although it is pretty late in the year for the gas giants, you can use it on the moon which is good practice. 

The camera comes with an 1.25” nose piece which will fit into the eyepiece holder. 

Oh and welcome to Cloudy Nights! 

Hi, thanks for the Welcome! quick question with the eyepiece holder would it stay in the socket or would i need an extra adaptor like one with screws?

Attached Thumbnails

• chrome_BEQpVJlDlV.png

Edited by Warg0d, 09 November 2019 - 06:18 PM.

#4 wrnchhead

wrnchhead

Apollo

Posted 09 November 2019 - 06:27 PM

Ah ok I didn't realize it wasn't so simple on the 4se. I found these threads, https://www.cloudyni...se-visual-back/ (that thread links to another one) They discuss the correct adapters. 

• Warg0d likes this

#5 Warg0d

Warg0d

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 09 November 2019 - 06:47 PM

Ah ok I didn't realize it wasn't so simple on the 4se. I found these threads, https://www.cloudyni...se-visual-back/ (that thread links to another one) They discuss the correct adapters. 

Seems i have found the one i was looking for! thanks for the help! is there any way that i can give you a rating?

• wrnchhead likes this

#6 wrnchhead

wrnchhead

Apollo

Posted 10 November 2019 - 01:06 AM

Haha no worries. It wasn’t but a couple years ago I stepped into this ocean of a hobby, and many people here helped me along the way!
  • Warg0d likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography, accessories, beginner, Celestron, equipment, imaging

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics