•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

I'm on a roll - IC1795

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nebulasaurus

nebulasaurus

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Mostly Cloudy New Hampshire

Posted 10 November 2019 - 11:22 AM

Another clear night - another target.

IC1795 in the SHO.

NGC896-NB_medium.jpg

get.jpg?insecure

I took this after cleaning the sensor and filters on my camera (after 2 years being untouched) and the flats have not a single dust mote on them!  I wonder how long that will last...

J.

• psandelle, mikewayne3, bmhjr and 3 others like this

#2 scngc7317

scngc7317

Ranger 4

• Loc: CA

Posted 10 November 2019 - 12:16 PM

Spending hours looking at the back of a camera is not my thing, BUT I appreciate a quality image very much. But often when I hit Full resolution on an image the sharpness just gets soft. You will be pleased to know Your image looks just as good Full Size as it is hear. There maybe a little star blotting near the edges or it's my old glasses. Thank you very much for another fine image for my computer wallpaper. 

my newest addition a 1957 16" F-8....... converted to an F-5...... now converting back to an F-8

classified

#3 nebulasaurus

nebulasaurus

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Mostly Cloudy New Hampshire

Posted 10 November 2019 - 04:07 PM

Thank you!

The corner softness is real, and it is more noticeable when doing LRGB imaging.  The Astrotech AT-80ED was fantastic value for money and does a decent job with the flattener.  But at the end of the day it does fall short of a dedicated triplet APO.

I have my eyes on a SW Esprit 100 when I have saved enough pennies!

J.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics