•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Monarch 7 Ocular/Eye Piece Popped Out

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 UTGrad

UTGrad

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 10 November 2019 - 04:33 PM

I use the Vortex ocular lens caps on my Nikon Monarch 7 8x42. They are snug and work great. Unfortunately this afternoon in a hurry I pulled the lens cover off and it pulled the entire right eye piece assembly out of the frame. I was able to push it back in without any fuss. The diopter ring functions fine and lens focus seems to have not been affected. Are my Monarch 7s damaged in anyway if the eye piece comes out like described? I’m curious if any moisture or fog will get in there. Thanks for your help.

#2 dries1

dries1

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Northwest Delaware

Posted 10 November 2019 - 05:29 PM

It is a possibility that moisture will permeate inside. You may want to send it into Nikon to be safe.

Andy w.

#3 UTGrad

UTGrad

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 10 November 2019 - 10:39 PM

Thank you. Anyone else have the binocular eye piece come out?

#4 UTGrad

UTGrad

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 10 November 2019 - 10:40 PM

If this isn’t a critical issue I’d prefer to not send them back during hunting season.

Edited by UTGrad, 10 November 2019 - 10:41 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics