•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Celestar 8

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Colb

Colb

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Portsmouth,Ohio

Posted 11 November 2019 - 10:03 AM

Waiting on an email with an invoice so I can order a Hand Controller for my Celestron Celestar 8 SCT..It will be nice once I get the controller. Clear Skies everyone. Getting ready to set up my little Mak and try and capture part of Mercury's Transit across the Sun.. Getting a late start....Clear Skies.

Edited by Colb, 11 November 2019 - 08:39 PM.

• bbqediguana likes this

#2 bbqediguana

bbqediguana

Apollo

• Loc: Canada

Posted 11 November 2019 - 10:49 AM

What year is your C8 from? I used to have one back in the mid-1990's... mine was the Celestar 8 and it came on that crazy little "wedgepod"...

celestar8.gif

Cheers!

Rick

#3 Colb

Colb

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Portsmouth,Ohio

Posted 11 November 2019 - 07:05 PM

I believe mine was made around 97 from what I can find through the serial number.

• bbqediguana likes this

#4 scopeboy42

scopeboy42

Viking 1

• Loc: Raleigh, NC USA

Posted 12 November 2019 - 09:17 AM

I have a Celestar 8 myself and like it a lot for its simplicity for visual observing. It is very simple to operate and runs for a very long time on a 9V battery. Just plop it down with the forks pointed roughly at the NCP and start observing.

Still trying to find a hand controller for mine and a newer wedgepod shelf as my "C" and "E" have fallen off so now I have a "LESTRON" wedgepod. I really should just take off the rest of the lettering and not worry about it. But I do like the fine look of the orange lettering on the black background. smile.gif

I recently picked up a Celestron 8x50 Polaris Finderscope for mine and love it. Doesn't have the pesky amici prism so the views are a tad brighter and matches the view through the main scope.

Edited by scopeboy42, 12 November 2019 - 09:29 AM.

• bbqediguana and Colb like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics