We had a series of clear nights a couple of weeks ago and I had a chance to do some imaging without the interference of the moon.
I had planned on imaging another target this night, Nov. 4, 2019. I had some plate solving issues, figured since M31 was up high, why
not go for it and salvage what was left of the evening. I shot 56 x 3 minute light frames, 15 darks, 15 bias and 20 flats for this image.
I used a Baader modded Canon eos 1000D at ISO 800. Scope is a Stellarvue 90mm APO triplet and a Astrotech 2" field flattener. Mount
is a Losmandy GM8 Gemini2. I use APT for image acquisition, PHD2 for guiding. Pretty standard stuff. Wish I had a dedicated CMOS
cooled astro cam ! The Andromeda galaxy is an easy target but always poses challenges for me during final processing. I used
DeepSky Stacker and Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 . The cores are all blown out on the galaxies but for what it is I'm satisfied...
This is full frame not cropped.
Clear Skies, ED