•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Can Sky & Telescope still save Christmas?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ascii

ascii

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Orlando, FL, USA Approximately 28.5ºN,81.5ºW

Posted 13 November 2019 - 01:20 PM

I just checked, and Sky & Telescope's Shop@Sky store is still down because of the change in ownership.  It could be a bleak Christmas for those hoping for the new edition of the Pocket Sky Atlas or a new Moon globe.

Hope they get it back in operation soon.  If not, they may end up on the naughty list.

https://shopatsky.co..._campaign=stnav

• Astroman007 likes this

#2 Astroman007

Astroman007

Cosmos

• Loc: Northern Ontario, Canada

Posted 13 November 2019 - 01:31 PM

Hm! mad.gif

#3 BradFran

BradFran

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Mars

Posted 13 November 2019 - 02:21 PM

AAS: The Grinch Who Stole Astronomical Chistmas (and probably saved S&T in the process)

#4 ascii

ascii

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 13 November 2019 - 09:51 PM

I'm really not trying to beat up on them too much, thus the humorous tone of my post.  I'm sure it's a challenge to get everything sorted out after a transition from a bankrupt company to the new owner.

Anyway, I'm still hoping that if I'm extra good, Santa will bring me the new edition of the Jumbo PSA. praying.gif

#5 Diana N

Diana N

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Omaha, Nebraska

Posted 13 November 2019 - 10:33 PM

I do hope the regular (not jumbo) version of the Pocket Sky Atlas becomes available again soon, because I am in need of at least one more copy to tuck away in the accessory case of a new telescope.  Sometimes you don’t realize how essential you find an item until you need it and can’t get it!

• turtle86 likes this

#6 BradFran

BradFran

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Mars

Posted 14 November 2019 - 04:23 AM

SkyPub makes a lot of wonderful items. I love my SkyAtlas and always wanted one of those globes. I suspect the problems they are having at the moment are more organizational / e-commerce related than running out of things to sell. It just takes time. But when they promised end of summer and weren't able to deliver, that becomes justifiable grounds for a little freindly poking in the forums... poke.gif

• turtle86 and Diana N like this

#7 turtle86

turtle86

Mr. Coffee

Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:07 PM

I do hope the regular (not jumbo) version of the Pocket Sky Atlas becomes available again soon, because I am in need of at least one more copy to tuck away in the accessory case of a new telescope.  Sometimes you don’t realize how essential you find an item until you need it and can’t get it!

S&T really hit a home run with the regular version of the PSA. Well laid out, plenty of objects, and yet so portable.  I always carry a copy in my accessory case.

• Diana N likes this

#8 Diana N

Diana N

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:32 PM

S&T really hit a home run with the regular version of the PSA. Well laid out, plenty of objects, and yet so portable.  I always carry a copy in my accessory case.

That's why I need more copies.  I am creating a dedicated accessory case for each scope (so I won't forget anything crucial that that particular scope needs) and I want to have a copy for each case.  Here's hoping it becomes available again soon!

• turtle86 likes this

#9 grzesznypl

grzesznypl

Vostok 1

• Loc: Jackson Heights, NY ... for now

Posted 20 November 2019 - 09:15 PM

Sky & Telescope's Shop@Sky  is open for business grin.gif grin.gif

Attached Thumbnails

• Image1.jpg

Edited by grzesznypl, 20 November 2019 - 09:17 PM.

• ascii and BradFran like this

#10 ascii

ascii

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 20 November 2019 - 09:37 PM

Sky & Telescope's Shop@Sky  is open for business grin.gif grin.gif

Christmas is saved!  whee.gif

... though I'm still hoping for the new edition of the Jumbo (and regular) Pocket Sky Atlas (PSA).  It looks like they only have the regular sized PSA for now.  I'm guessing it's still the 2006 edition.  Also hoping that any new edition(s) will have the revised IAU star names.

#11 Diana N

Diana N

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 20 November 2019 - 11:58 PM

Hurrah!  This news makes Santa very happy!

#12 Crusty99

Crusty99

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 22 November 2019 - 01:49 AM

YEAH.

#13 ascii

ascii

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 23 November 2019 - 04:54 PM

It concerns me that there are no new editions of the JPSA or PSA listed in the "Coming Soon" section.  

• grzesznypl likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics