•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

TS 90/6.6 Telescope: Flatteners, 1.0X or 0.75X?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 10gauge

10gauge

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Boston

Posted 13 November 2019 - 11:07 PM

Which field flattener is ideal for a TS Optics 90 f6.6 Telescope, 1.0X or 0.75X?...

I’m interested in purchasing a TS 90/6.6 Telescope to get into imaging with a Nikon full-frame DSLR. I’m trying to sort if I need adapters and/or extenders. I’m not sure if the systems below are valid.

1.0X Flattener System:

TS Optics 1.0X Flattener M68 Connection

TS Optics Adapter M69x1 to M48x0.75 for TS 2.5” Flattener

M48 to Nikon T-Ring Adapter. 36.5mm length.

0.75X Flattener System:

TS Optics 0.75X Reducer Corrector M48x0.75

M48 to Nikon T-Ring Adapter. 36.5mm length

#2 NaNuu

NaNuu

Mariner 2

• Loc: Germany

Posted 14 November 2019 - 05:11 AM

I can't answer your question, but... I just bought one of those Potoline 90 f6.6 APOs - still without a flattener. Up to now Im using an 0.79 reducer/flattener (TSRED279) which seems ok (with an ASI 183MC, so rather different camera). As I was asking a similar question myself, I just wrote a short email to the folks on TS Optics - and they told me all the spacings, adapters and extenders I will need for either flattener system and my camera (which are not the same as for your's, I guess...)  So I'd suggest you ask them directly! Their replies are always rather quick and kind.

Edited by NaNuu, 14 November 2019 - 05:11 AM.

#3 10gauge

10gauge

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Boston

Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:14 PM

I can't answer your question, but... I just bought one of those Potoline 90 f6.6 APOs - still without a flattener. Up to now Im using an 0.79 reducer/flattener (TSRED279) which seems ok (with an ASI 183MC, so rather different camera). As I was asking a similar question myself, I just wrote a short email to the folks on TS Optics - and they told me all the spacings, adapters and extenders I will need for either flattener system and my camera (which are not the same as for your's, I guess...)  So I'd suggest you ask them directly! Their replies are always rather quick and kind.

Thanks for the info! I asked TS Teleskop on 2 occasions and got 2 different answers: one with the 1.0X and the other with 0.75X. I’d like to know which will work better because upon close inspection, you can get some weird optical effects.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics