•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ZWO EFW washers size

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Shlomi

Shlomi

Explorer 1

• topic starter

Posted 14 November 2019 - 12:40 AM

Hi,

I finally bought an ASI1600mm pro kit, the 36mm version. Super happy about that, but for some reason the package came with only the screws for the filters but without the washers. The documentation talks about M2 washers, so I started looking around for those. They seem to come in more than a single size. Most common one is M2 x 5mm x 1mm Nylon

Does anyone have such washers handy and can post their measurements here? 

Thanks!

Shlomi

Edited by Shlomi, 14 November 2019 - 12:45 AM.

#2 Shlomi

Shlomi

Explorer 1

• topic starter

Posted 14 November 2019 - 02:36 AM

Well, even though I bought the kit second hand here at the classifieds, ZWO replied back telling me they will send me a set of washers for no cost. Now that is an impressive service! 

• zakry3323, Allanbarth1 and OldManSky like this

#3 John Miele

John Miele

Soyuz

• Loc: North Alabama

Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:17 AM

Instead of washers did your kit happen to have a set of 5 thin gaskets that might be taking the place of the washers? My used kit has no washers either, but it has these 5 thin gaskets. I have a set of 31mm filters on order so I need to figure it out soon...

#4 Shlomi

Shlomi

Explorer 1

• topic starter

Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:51 AM

Thanks for replying, actually no, it came without either..

#5 Jii

Jii

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Finland

Posted 14 November 2019 - 01:26 PM

I got my kit today, but EFW didn't have washers with it. It had these instead, I guess they are the same things to which John was referring above:

_smaller.jpg

#6 Shlomi

Shlomi

Explorer 1

• topic starter

Posted 14 November 2019 - 01:30 PM

Yes, exactly. For some reason my package did not contain those.. I can get them here https://astronomy-im...wo-filter-masks, but thats another 4 weeks of wait. Man, patience is hard!

By the way, congrats on your new kit :) 

#7 Jii

Jii

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Finland

Posted 14 November 2019 - 01:56 PM

Thanks, same also for you. smile.gif Well, program is clear for this evening, new toys to play with...

• Shlomi likes this

#8 John Miele

John Miele

Soyuz

Posted 14 November 2019 - 10:53 PM

I got my kit today, but EFW didn't have washers with it. It had these instead, I guess they are the same things to which John was referring above:

_smaller.jpg

Yep...that is what I got too. I assume these will hold in my 31mm filters when they arrive. I guess we will see...

#9 TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto

Aurora

• -----
  • Loc: Ajman - UAE

Posted 16 November 2019 - 05:53 PM

Congratulations, i got all washers needed but that was with QHY filter wheel.

#10 Shlomi

Shlomi

Explorer 1

• topic starter

Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:18 PM

Just updating that the package containing the missing gaskets arrived today from ZWO. They were absolutely amazing, and sent these replacement parts free of charge even though I got their product through the classifieds section here. 

Such an outstanding service, I can do nothing but highly recommend ZWO to anyone who considers them!

• leviathan likes this

#11 TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto

Aurora

• -----

Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:22 PM

Just updating that the package containing the missing gaskets arrived today from ZWO. They were absolutely amazing, and sent these replacement parts free of charge even though I got their product through the classifieds section here. 

Such an outstanding service, I can do nothing but highly recommend ZWO to anyone who considers them!

ZWO and QHY are doing great, i am being a happy customer for both of them, nice products and services, and as i said before long time ago "Long life China".

• v3ngence likes this

#12 John Miele

John Miele

Soyuz

Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:59 PM

Hi,

I'm still waiting for my 31mm filters to arrive. I'm assuming the filter will drop inside the recessed area of the filter wheel. Then one of these retainer rings will be placed over the top and connected with some screws screws. Is that how these large rings are used?

#13 Shlomi

Shlomi

Explorer 1

• topic starter

Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:08 AM

Hi,

I'm still waiting for my 31mm filters to arrive. I'm assuming the filter will drop inside the recessed area of the filter wheel. Then one of these retainer rings will be placed over the top and connected with some screws screws. Is that how these large rings are used?

Yes, exactly. You can see a review here https://www.youtube....h?v=CGsX4kZAC_Q it's for the 36mm but should be the same.

• John Miele likes this

#14 TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto

Aurora

• -----

Posted 03 December 2019 - 03:43 AM

Yes, exactly. You can see a review here https://www.youtube....h?v=CGsX4kZAC_Q it's for the 36mm but should be the same.

Please, do you have a website or somewhere where you can show me your microscopy photography mainly with your AmScope T490B?

#15 Shlomi

Shlomi

Explorer 1

• topic starter

Posted 04 December 2019 - 12:44 AM

Please, do you have a website or somewhere where you can show me your microscopy photography mainly with your AmScope T490B?

I actually don't, perhaps I should make one :)

I do have some nice photos I took (usually focus stacks to get a decent depth of field), but they are not online. Some early sessions are hosted on my youtube channel, you can see them here https://www.youtube....5Ha3HVcqlHmJJd8, they are all done with the AmScope T490B using my D3300 DSLR. 

Are you considering getting one too?

#16 TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto

Aurora

• -----

Posted 04 December 2019 - 02:06 AM

I actually don't, perhaps I should make one smile.gif

I do have some nice photos I took (usually focus stacks to get a decent depth of field), but they are not online. Some early sessions are hosted on my youtube channel, you can see them here https://www.youtube....5Ha3HVcqlHmJJd8, they are all done with the AmScope T490B using my D3300 DSLR. 

Are you considering getting one too?

I actually do have a microscope already, a Trinocular one, from India, it is ery likely like those AmScope/OMAX ones, so before i buy one i want to see the results to compare with mine, if same then no need for one, i like microscopy as well.

#17 Shlomi

Shlomi

Explorer 1

• topic starter

Posted 07 December 2019 - 04:11 PM

Not sure AmScope will give you better images in that case. If you are looking for things to enhance, perhaps phase contrast and dark field are very nice additions. 

If you are not already familiar, you should probably check out http://www.microbehunter.com which is the cloudynights for microscopy. They also have a classified-like section, where you can get great equipment for good prices. My second hand VWR phase-contrast scope was offered for less than the phase-contrast upgrade kit for my AmScope!

#18 TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto

Aurora

• -----

Posted 07 December 2019 - 04:58 PM

Not sure AmScope will give you better images in that case. If you are looking for things to enhance, perhaps phase contrast and dark field are very nice additions. 

If you are not already familiar, you should probably check out http://www.microbehunter.com which is the cloudynights for microscopy. They also have a classified-like section, where you can get great equipment for good prices. My second hand VWR phase-contrast scope was offered for less than the phase-contrast upgrade kit for my AmScope!

I do have Darkfield kit, let's say condenser and filters and both doing great job, but wanted more, so maybe Phase Contrast should be another solution to try.

Just not a good place here, but i wanted to have little details from you that's all, and because i use ZWO camera with my microscope with really nice results, but i wish if there is something like EAF device for microscope to focus at best.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics