•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Meade Etx125 PE finderscope

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nismo

Nismo

Lift Off

• topic starter

Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:40 PM

So I recently picked up a used Meade etx125 PE. The scope is in very good condition and everything works perfectly. The only problem is it has a broken finder scope. I attached some photos, it looks like its missing something on the circuit board but I cant tell and I cant find any pictures on the web. The clear lens that attaches to the end of it was broken as well but I managed to glue it back together but looks horrible. Can anyone provide some information or pictures of a working finderscope? Or where I find replacement parts or has anyone replaced one with another finder scope. 

Attached Thumbnails

• finder1cc.jpg
  • finder2 cc.jpg
  • side.jpg
  • front.jpg

#2 Taylor

Taylor

Apollo

• Loc: Owasso, OK

Posted 14 November 2019 - 11:16 PM

Looks like the LNT module. You can probably get one from telescope warehouse or eBay. 

#3 EdIII

EdIII

Vostok 1

• Loc: Florence, SC

Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:00 AM

Yep, I agree with Taylor. Buy another one.

This is fortunately one of the parts for the 125 that you can still purchase. There is a caveat. The one you buy will likely have a different cord. If so, it is not plug and play, you will have to exchange your old cord for the new one. This will require some disassembly, but I can’t remember details, only that the connector would not go through something without taking it apart. This will not be a job for someone unless they are skilled at soldering printed circuit boards. This one is easily damaged. You can see where the cord connects in your photo. It looks pretty easy, but I found it to require precision.

I suppose you could just plug the new module into the AUX port and eliminate the work. I am a stickler for keeping things original.

Ed

#4 Nismo

Nismo

Lift Off

• topic starter

Posted 15 November 2019 - 11:18 PM

Thanks for the help. I have wanted this scope since I was a freshman in high school, now in my mid 30's I'm glad to finally own one and wanna keep it original. Guess I'll just have to keep an eye out for a used LNT module on ebay/ classifieds.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics