ZWO has today announced the forthcoming release of the ASIAIR Pro - an upgrade version of the popular ASIAIR imaging system.
The ASIAIR Pro is an evolution of the 1st edn ASIAIR and has adopted some new features based on user experience gained over the past 12 months or so.
Final details will be released in due course but the high level details are:
- ASIAIR Pro hardware is base on the PI4 board and OS has been rewritten for that platform - there will be a code branch to allow ASIAIR Edn 1 to continue development inline with ASIAIR Pro. USB3 is now standard on PI4.
- ASIAIR Pro has 64GB of built in space and a 64GB flash drive giving a total storage of 128GB
- PI4 has 4GB of RAM and a new CPU - 30% faster than PI3.
- The unit is now housed in a CNC milled aircraft grade aluminum housing - available in many colours as long as its ZWO red
- The housing will have mounts to allow it to be installed on the finder foot and the finder/guidescope can mount on the ASIAIR Pro.
- ASIAIR Pro integrates simple power management with 4 x DC outlets (3A each - 10A max total) - will be controllable from the ASIAIR app. (some ports will be PWM controllable for dew controllers)
- ASIAIR Pro will have a DSLR shutter control line to control the snap socket on many cameras.
- ASIAIR Pro will support all the latest cameras and devices such as EAF.
New software features fir ASIAIR Pro have not been finalised yet - Autofocus/automated meridan flips are high on the development list right now. Live stacking is planned - release date not yet known.
As ASIAIR Pro is a new software package PI3 boards will not support it - updated versions with non Pro features will continue to be developed and released.
There are plans for discounts for existing owners of genuine devices - likely to be on return and discount basis - details will be announced closer to release date.
ASIAIR Pro will be available end of Q4 2019. Price has not been finalised yet but likely to be around $299
Details on pricing and discounts/process for applying will be made available soon. Please watch ZWO facebook and website for further details.