•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Thanksgiving weekend image targets

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Waterobert

Waterobert

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Laguna Niguel, California , USA

Posted 17 November 2019 - 03:11 PM

Thanksgiving long weekend is coming up and finally I will have time to travel to the dark sky!

With my 80mm scope and full frame DSLR I have been playing around with M31 galaxy lately, however since I will be definitely spending at least one whole night collecting data, what other target would you guys recommend to a newbie like me? 

Edited by Waterobert, 17 November 2019 - 03:12 PM.

• durak likes this

#2 2ghouls

2ghouls

Viking 1

Posted 17 November 2019 - 03:35 PM

I suggest M45, The Pleiades. 

#3 pinzmann

pinzmann

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Yucca valley, ca

Posted 17 November 2019 - 04:15 PM

California nebula would fit in that field of view very nicely.
  • psandelle likes this

#4 dmdouglass

dmdouglass

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Tempe, AZ

Posted 17 November 2019 - 04:31 PM

Thanksgiving long weekend is coming up and finally I will have time to travel to the dark sky!

With my 80mm scope and full frame DSLR I have been playing around with M31 galaxy lately, however since I will be definitely spending at least one whole night collecting data, what other target would you guys recommend to a newbie like me? 

All good targets listed after your post.

The 10-Day weather forecast for here (Arizona) does NOT quite go out to there... but the weather preceding (between now and then) has us pretty much clouded out !  

We can always hope for a clearing trend !!

#5 durak

durak

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Utah

Posted 17 November 2019 - 08:30 PM

IC1805- The Heart Nebula

• psandelle likes this

#6 AZ Maverick

AZ Maverick

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Prescott, Arizona

Posted 17 November 2019 - 10:05 PM

All good targets listed after your post.

The 10-Day weather forecast for here (Arizona) does NOT quite go out to there... but the weather preceding (between now and then) has us pretty much clouded out !  

We can always hope for a clearing trend !!

I know, I'm sort of bummed.

I was going to set up tonight but once I'm all set up I like to leave my rig set up for three or so nights.

But it looks like the next three days are going to be a bust with rain up here... frown.gif

• dmdouglass likes this

#7 dmdouglass

dmdouglass

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Tempe, AZ

Posted 17 November 2019 - 10:20 PM

I know, I'm sort of bummed.

I was going to set up tonight but once I'm all set up I like to leave my rig set up for three or so nights.

But it looks like the next three days are going to be a bust with rain up here... frown.gif

Ahhhhh, the advantages of a backyard ops !!!

I am "out in it" tonight.  Will probably go until mid-night or so.

Skies are clear, and the temps are mild (73 as i type here at 8:20 PM).

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics