•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ZWO 183MC and Sharpcap

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Danweis1

Danweis1

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 17 November 2019 - 04:10 PM

Been a long time reader but just started posting. Still have a lot to learn RE Astrophotography. I have an SE6 on an AVX mount, Hyperstar and a new ZWO 183MC. I've read several posts about Gain and Offset and I cannot find anything in Sharpcap regarding Offset settings. Only thing I can see is Gain. Am missing something?

Thanks,

Dan

#2 DSOs4Me

DSOs4Me

Explorer 1

• Loc: New Jersey

Posted 17 November 2019 - 04:32 PM

I believe it is the Brightness control - Others should chime in soon.

#3 bjulihn

bjulihn

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Langley, BC. Canada

Posted 17 November 2019 - 05:23 PM

Hi Dan;

I have a QHY183C. The settings in Sharpcap are directly related to which camera and drivers you have. Starting on page 55 of the Sharpcap manual there is a listing of COMMON CAMERA CONTROLS. Later in that section the manual describes and has images of the actual controls for different brands of cameras. Page 71-72 describe control for the ZWO Cameras. I do not see an "offset" setting.  But he does refer you to the ZWO website for more information. You may have seen all this already. Sorry if I am just repeating information you already knew.

Brad

#4 jdupton

jdupton

Vanguard

• Loc: Central Texas, USA

Posted 17 November 2019 - 05:42 PM

Dan,

Been a long time reader but just started posting. Still have a lot to learn RE Astrophotography. I have an SE6 on an AVX mount, Hyperstar and a new ZWO 183MC. I've read several posts about Gain and Offset and I cannot find anything in Sharpcap regarding Offset settings. Only thing I can see is Gain. Am missing something?

I do not use SharpCap but if it is like other capture programs that support ASCOM, you can change the Offset in the ASCOM driver. The general steps will involve selecting the ASCOM ASI Camera in the camera selection area, then selecting Configure ASCOM Camera. When the ASCOM Driver Options Dialog opens, you can click on "Advanced" and then you will see sliders for setting both Gain and Offset.

I cannot give you exact steps in SharpCap but nearly all programs that support ASCOM will work in the same way.

John

• Dynan likes this

#5 chongo228

chongo228

Messenger

• Loc: Raleigh, NC

Posted 17 November 2019 - 08:26 PM

SharpCap calls offset brightness.........same thing different name. I think it's under images controls in the menus on the right.

#6 Night shift

Night shift

Viking 1

• Loc: Atlanta Ga.

Posted 17 November 2019 - 08:52 PM

If using Sharpcap it will be 53. Set it and forget it.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics