•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Tuning my apps?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jmillsbss

jmillsbss

Mariner 2

• topic starter
  • Loc: New Albany, Mississippi, USA

Posted 17 November 2019 - 07:23 PM

So I've always used the SkEye app on my android for learning my way around the basics, the constellations and a dec/Ra and AltAz listing of all the Messier objects and a few of the NGC. It is simple and I like it. I've used others, but like this one best.

Now I've added the newer Pro version of the SkEye app. It allows the user to set parameters for object surface brightness and size. If you just have it show everything in it's catalog, it shows targets far too dim and far too small for objects I could ever hope to see in an XT10 in Bortle 5 or 5.5 skies.

So I think I'm asking for a general idea of the capabilities of my 10" dob in b5/5.5 skies?

I know. Seeing. Temps. Collimation. All the other issues. Its not that simple, but I'm just looking for a guide from someone who maybe knows better than me: What can I reasonably expect out of this scope in these skies? There's always gonna be intangibles but I'm expecting generalities. Let's try not to get too deep in the weeds! Thanks for the help! J

#2 jmillsbss

jmillsbss

Mariner 2

• topic starter
  • Loc: New Albany, Mississippi, USA

Posted 18 November 2019 - 09:21 AM

Nevermind.  I've found other sources...

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics