•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

how does this orion look. I had to add back focus for my oag

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wheelers4life

wheelers4life

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Baird TX

Posted 18 November 2019 - 02:47 AM

I have spent a few days trying to get my main camera and guide camera to focus together. finally found a combination that got them both focused together the problem is my back focus is now 121mm. but does not seem to bad of an image.

This is orion

1.2s subs at 350 gain

no darks frames

90 stacked frames

plate solved

bining at 2 so I could see more of the image

cooled at -15

there is no processing. I saved with adjustments open in wondows photos and resized for forum and then opened in flatroom to save as jpg.

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• orionthroughoag.jpg

• Starman27, eros312, roelb and 1 other like this

#2 nic35

nic35

Viking 1

Posted 23 November 2019 - 02:25 PM

It would be a good idea if you posted a screen shot that has your live view stacking histogram.  You can either do a screen capture or use microsoft snip to get part of the screen

For this object, I would expect a 90 second stack to show much, much more of the nebulosity, and the core would be blown out.  My guess is that you have the black point sent far to the right.

john

#3 wheelers4life

wheelers4life

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Baird TX

Posted 24 November 2019 - 01:11 AM

Yes I was trying not to blow out the core

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics