•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Altair Telescopes

refractor
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Leviset

Leviset

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Sheffield UK

Posted 18 November 2019 - 06:51 PM

Forgive me if I’m in the wrong place or Forum - I’m a 71 year old Newb returning to Astronomy after a long gap.

I’m looking at a used Altair Star Wave 102 Refractor that’s for sale.

I’ve looked high and low on the Web for a PDF of the manual without success.

Is the main Company website Altair Astro.com as I can’t find any manuals at all on that site?

A link or pointer to the Manual would be great if someone knows where it is please?

Thanks

Dennis

Sheffield UK

#2 organge

organge

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: London, UK

Posted 18 November 2019 - 06:58 PM

I bought their 80ED-R and 60ED both new and didn't get any manual so not sure it exists. It's pretty straightforward though. Best to just buy it and ask here for help afterwards ;) Which one are you looking at exactly?

#3 Gary Z

Gary Z

Apollo

• Loc: New Mexico

Posted 18 November 2019 - 07:00 PM

I would go to the following web site and go all the way to the bottom under "Contact Info": and maybe call or email them:

https://www.altairas...nufacturerid=41

Gary

Edited by Gary Z, 18 November 2019 - 07:01 PM.

#4 vkhastro1

vkhastro1

Apollo

• Loc: Vankleek Hill, Ontario, Canada

Posted 18 November 2019 - 07:09 PM

I purchased an Altair Starwave 102ED f/11 OTA - no manual included.

#5 drd715

drd715

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Fort Lauderdale

Posted 19 November 2019 - 10:03 AM

Keep in mind that there are the achro version and the ED version of this F-11 telescope. They have slight differences in mechanical build the ED version has much less chromatic color which would be better on bright objects like the moon. Both are very good scopes, but the older achro version should be considerably lesser in price. There is a CN forum thread specifically about this F-11 scope and its various incarnations from Altair Astro (England) and TS optics (Germany). New TS price for ED version 545 euro as a comparison to the preowned (achro?) You are considering. Preowned I would judge the achro value at about 250 Euro and ED version about 350 euro for Optical tube assembly only. A mount and accessories will of course increase the price. Buying new will also incur vat and shipping costs which may favor a local purchase.

Keep in mind a reasonably more substantial tripod and mount head as the F-11 is long in physical length.

Check out the other CN forum thread where you will find much information on this scope.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: refractor

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics