•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Using an iOptron 'iPolar' with a Fornax LighTrack II

mount optics
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Slushroom

Slushroom

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 19 November 2019 - 05:56 PM

Hey all, I have just purchased a Fornax LighTrack II and am wanting to use an iPolar electronic polar scope with it, however neither company seems to stock an adaptor to use the two products together.

The diameter of the hole in the polar scope arm of the Fornax LighTrack II is 28mm and the diameter of the iPolar is 26mm.

Any ideas, links or suggestions would be super helpful :)

Chris 

#2 steste1122

steste1122

Explorer 1

• ***--

Posted 20 November 2019 - 03:13 PM

Know anyone with a 3d printer?  Maybe see if you can have someone make an adapter that can fit the hole in the arm and be able to accept the ipolar.  I dont know how the iPolar attaches to most mounts.  You should also be able to mount it to a right angle bracket and attack it to the bottom of a dovetail if your using one.

edit: I saw a guy in the classifieds Dr. Benway who makes what looks like some really high quality prints (https://www.cloudyni...vetail-adapter/).  I have not used them, bu you could message him and see if he could do this.  Should be pretty easy.

Edited by steste1122, 20 November 2019 - 03:19 PM.

• Slushroom likes this

#3 phantom76

phantom76

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 01 December 2019 - 12:37 AM

I used the official Fornax Polemaster adapter and used a Scotch double sided mounting tape to attach the iPolar to it. Works perfectly. smile.gif

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mount, optics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics