•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ZWO ASI533MC Pro impressions with test results

CMOS astrophotography beginner
  • Please log in to reply
353 replies to this topic

#351 Stargazer3236

Stargazer3236

Aurora

• ****-
  • Loc: Waltham, MA

Posted 11 January 2021 - 09:43 PM

In about two weeks, maybe next week, I plan on buying the ASI533MC Pro camera. My question is, how do I set the temp of the TEC? If it is cold outside, should I further reduce the temp (in the winter time)? I know I will lower the temp in the warmer weather, that's a given.

#352 telfish

telfish

Vanguard

• Loc: Adirondack Mountains NY

Posted 11 January 2021 - 09:52 PM

In about two weeks, maybe next week, I plan on buying the ASI533MC Pro camera. My question is, how do I set the temp of the TEC? If it is cold outside, should I further reduce the temp (in the winter time)? I know I will lower the temp in the warmer weather, that's a given.

You set the temperature in the software you are using for capture. I tend to set to -10 which I can hold all year. that makes calibration easy as you don't need a big dark library.

Edited by telfish, 11 January 2021 - 10:14 PM.

• Dynan likes this

#353 AhBok

AhBok

Gemini

• Loc: Lakeland, TN

Posted 12 January 2021 - 12:32 AM

The advantage of TEC cooling is two-fold. The first is to reduce noise by cooling and the second is to provide a stable sensor temperature.
  • Dynan likes this

#354 philinbris

philinbris

Viking 1

• Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Posted 12 January 2021 - 02:22 AM

I am looking at this camera in the next 6 months or so (maybe earlier if the household accountant has a week moment).

I remember reading some posts about issues people were having. Banding, issues below zero with downloads failing etc.

Are all the "bugs" considered ironed out?

I was also looking at the 294 but the amp glow is steering me away. And in Australia here its currently $200 dearer than the 533 - go figure.

Cheers

• acommonsoul likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CMOS, astrophotography, beginner

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics