•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ASILive - new EAA software

• Please log in to reply
279 replies to this topic

#276 alphatripleplus

alphatripleplus

World Controller

• Moderators
  • Loc: Georgia

Posted 21 July 2020 - 10:45 AM

That is an excellent point - there are other examples of "one-man band' software developers, where for whatever reason, the developer moves on, and the software becomes abandonware. I'm not at all suggesting that will happen in the case of SharpCap, but having an alternative like ASILive for ZWO cameras, is always a good thing for that reason.

• eros312 and TimP like this

#277 Alien Observatory

Alien Observatory

Surveyor 1

Posted 01 October 2020 - 05:22 PM

The 294 needs to have a good USB 3 connection and the USB Rate in the SW need to se set to 100% or Automatic...I would start there...and more info is always helpful like a screen shot of the image and settings as it stacks and you can start a new post here with the same info as thread is very old...   Pat Utah :)

#278 lechleiter

lechleiter

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 02 October 2020 - 07:48 AM

great, thanks, just posted under topic heading: ASILive: Random horizontal streaks appearing during live stacking.

#279 asquecco

asquecco

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 06 January 2021 - 09:12 AM

I got this with ASILive, stacking 203 7secs subs with my Skywatcher Dobson 10" GOTO Synscan + ASI290MC + IR Cut filter + 0.57x reducer (F2.7):

https://imgur.com/a/5CLIHC2
It's not a great image, I got this with a Dobson with poor tracking, not well collimated, Bortle 8, no flats/darks, no post processing, but at the end I saw the Horsehead with my Dobson.

I like ASILive because it's very easy to use. The stacking feature only needs a feasible target to work, ie with at least ten stars (more or less) in the view.

• organge likes this

#280 alphatripleplus

alphatripleplus

World Controller

• Moderators
  • Loc: Georgia

Posted 06 January 2021 - 09:48 AM

I had a chance to test out vsn1.3.2 of ASILive last night and made some comments in this topic

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics