•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Fujinon AR 7x50

binoculars lens making mirror making optics eyepieces collimation
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JB-133 Kamakura

JB-133 Kamakura

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 26 November 2019 - 04:16 PM

Can anybody help me with repair of this binoculars.I am looking for a eyepieces for this binoculars because mine is schratched like with sand. As I measure correctly this is a external diameter over the thread 28,75 mm pitch 1.Thread is 11/8 Inch  25TPI.My binoculars is in the attachment.As I know same thread have a Bushnell Banner 7x50,Kamakura 7x50 and maybe more.Also I got some ide to put inside Nikon wide angle 10x magnification (super wide angle).This lens have a flat cilinder 30mm outside if I got enough wall of material I can maybe cut thread on lathe machine.This is 1 1/8 x25TPI thread from Kamakura Koki Warabi Shi JB-133 factory.Also I am looking for a different eyepieces on ebay used binoculars.Can anybody have some advice which one the widest angle oculars eyepieces I can find on ebay and make a best upgrade of my binoculars?I am new one here and I want to do big upgrade on my binoculars.I got also idea to paint in black by sharpie marker mat side surfaces of prisms also to do that with eyepeces lens from the side by black paint to prevent any internal reflections.

Some expectable result of this mission is to upgrade a binoculars to super wide angle and with any magnification from 7 to 10 with superb light factor.

I will appreciate any help

my binoculars:

AR 7x50.jpg

One of the matching eyepiece have this binoculars:

https://www.ebay.com...BkAAOSw7cZcNY4W

#2 JB-133 Kamakura

JB-133 Kamakura

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 26 November 2019 - 04:44 PM

Fujinon M22 eyepiece thread.JPG

As I measure corectly in mm this is Fujinon eyepiece in this attachment bellow.On of the ideas is to take this original eyepiece housing and to simple recharge him with new glass lenses from some similar producers all around the world.It could be one super wide ingle with good light index.Also I am dreaming about that maybe I can use a stereo binocular microscope super wide angle lenses from some Nikon.

I am not looking for ideal flat field without barelling or vignetes only super wide angle with good light index and if its possible 80 degress AFOV.

#3 JB-133 Kamakura

JB-133 Kamakura

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 26 November 2019 - 04:46 PM

I forggott to say hole inside is 24.2mm so I can attach 24mm optical lens inside.

#4 Yarddog

Yarddog

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 26 November 2019 - 05:57 PM

I can't help but the project sounds really interesting. I hope you keep us informed on how it goes.

#5 Foss

Foss

Viking 1

Posted 27 November 2019 - 12:26 PM

You might start by contacting Siebert Optics. https://www.siebertoptics.com/

Harry upgrades EPs to enhance performance.

#6 Herr_Alien

Herr_Alien

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Romania

Posted 29 November 2019 - 04:45 AM

Considering the 24mm opening and the 80 deg. requirement, the focal length for the eyepiece must not be greater than 14mm. For a 50 mm binoculars objective this will give you a power around 13x.

If a power must be below 10x, then the AFOV is not going to go higher than around 70 degrees.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: binoculars, lens making, mirror making, optics, eyepieces, collimation

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics